The Chester Arms public house was next to Ash Station.
The Chester family leased the land it is built on to William Braithwaite in 1855 for 99 years for a rent of £10 per annum. He undertook to erect an inn at a cost of not less than £300 and to obtain a licence. By the end of the century the Chester Arms was tied to Thomas Kenward's Hartley Row Brewery. In 1904 there was stabling for 8 horses and there were "all classes" of customers. Dinners, teas and minerals were available. In 1921 it was acquired by Friary Holroyd and Healy's Breweries, and in 1926 the trustees of the Henry Chester sold it to them for £4100. In 1991 it was sold by Friary Meux to Green King and Company. In c.1997 the pub was demolished and replaced by flats called "The Ash Trees".
For some years a small Chester Coat of Arms was on the front of the building. This can now be seen on the east end of Hartshorn, the cottage next to St Peter's Church.